The participative Global Knowledge Platform has been designed by the GBPN to stimulate collective research and analysis from experts worldwide to promote best practice policies and support better decision-making that can deliver the abatement potential of the building sector.
This Knowledge Platform is a unique global collaborative tool for sharing and curating global best knowledge and data on building performance best practice policies.
www.gbpn.org is also available in Chinese.
We have designed the platform as a resource and a collaborative tool for researchers, building professionals, members of governmental institutions, multilateral organisations, and experts involved in policy development.
For this purpose, this Knowledge Platform gives access to four exclusive online tools:
- The Report Database, a unique comprehensive pyramid of information gathering all of our Reports in 10 different formats. Check out our reports and find out which formats can best answer your needs!
- A Policy Comparative Tool, an interactive tool enabling comparisons between the world’s best practice policies for new buildings (residential and commercial), by reviewing 25 state of the art building energy efficiency codes and using 15 criteria developed with some of the world’s leading experts in the field. Explore the dynamic components that make them work!
- A Glossary gathering key terms in our field facilitating international collaboration and the sharing of best practices.
- The Laboratory, a new participative platform for building energy efficiency experts to share information and generate knowledge on how best to develop ambitious building energy performance policies globally. Join us and collaborate on projects that support the development of building energy performance policies!
Through our Platform, also acces our Regional Hubs data portals:
- Buildingsdata.eu, a comprehensive open data portal dedicated to the energy performance in European buildings
- Buildingrating.org, the global online portal for rating & disclosure policy
In addition, get daily and exclusive News on Building Energy Efficiency in the Newsroom!
The GBPN Knowledge Platform is based on Linked Open Data technology. In addition to providing transparency on our data and research, as well as quality indexing, this Linked Open Data Platform is a smart and dynamic tool accelerating knowledge sharing by combining the most innovative social software methods and technologies.
This Open Knowledge Platform has been developed together with the Semantic Web Company, a consulting company and technology provider providing semantic information management solutions with a strong focus on Open Data and Linked Open Data principles and technologies.
The GBPN data will be enriched over time with additional topics and information generated through data exchange projects and research partnerships.
- [Tool] Linked Open Data to Stimulate Better Building Policies
- [Tool] Why launch a Knowledge Platform?
- [Tool] Discover our New Look & Feel