Heather Thompson, Chair of GBPN Board of Directors
Heather Thompson, co‐founder of ClimateWorks, has now been working independently, focusing on accelerating the strategies of Climateworks' Best Practice Networks. As founder, she now serves as Board Chair of the GBPN and the Institute for Industrial Productivity, and is on the Board of Directors of the Regulatory Assistance Project, the Collaborative Labeling and Appliance Standards Programme, and the Institute for Transportation and Development Policy. Previously, Ms. Thomson was a Principal at California Environmental Associates (CEA), leading the firm's work in philantropic strategy, covering marine resource management, land conservation, energy and Climate Change. She worked with leading foundations and numerous non-profit organisations, including the David and Lucile Packard Foundation, WWF International, the Environmental Defense Fund and Conservation International. Ms. Thompson holds a MSc in environmental economics from the University of York,U.K. and a B.S.in biological sciences from the University of California, San Diego.
Surabi Menon, Director of Research, Climate Works Foundation
Surabi Menon joined ClimateWorks as Director of Research in 2012. Previously, she worked at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory as a staff scientist and also as the leader of the Heat Island Group. Prior to that, she was a scientist at Columbia University and NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies. Her research explores the intersection of climate change, renewables, energy efficiency and economics. Ms. Menon has a PhD in atmospheric science, and an MBA. She has published over forty times in peer-reviewed journals, and was a co-author of the 2007 IPPC report that won the Nobel Peace Prize. She also started an environmental NGO in India.
William Sisson, Director of Sustainability, United Technologies Research Centre
William Sisson is presently UTC’s executive on point for the broad market transformation activities at the US Department of Energy’s Innovation Hub on energy efficiency in buildings in Philadelphia, with a professional focus on policy, markets and behaviour. In addition to supporting UTC’s strategic and advocacy efforts on sustainable buildings and urban infrastructure, William continues to serve as Chair for the World Business Council for Sustainable Development’s Energy Efficiency in Buildings Projects. Prior, he led Carrier R&D Programmes, at UTC’s central corporate research centre, where he was responsible for Carrier’s longer range innovation portfolio, with technical emphasis on energy and environment.
GBPN执行委员会 provides coordinated oversight of cross-network strategies, policies, and operations.
It is comprised of:
- Chuck Wilson, Chief Operating Officer, Institute for Market Transformation
- Claire Brulé, GBPN Operations and Finance Director
- Jayson Antonoff, GBPN Regional Director U.S. & Institute for Market Transformation
- Jens Laustsen, GBPN Senior Policy Expert and Advisor
- Oliver Rapf, Buildings Performance Institute Europe Executive Director
- Peter Graham, GBPN Executive Director
The GBPN Strategic Advisory Group provides strategic guidance to the GBPN and its Board.
It has been established to advise on potential policy and research and to build bridges with stakeholders globally to enable effective networking. Therefore, members of this group include top experts and leaders with a deep understanding of the context in the regions where the GBPN Network is active, as well as building energy standards and policies.
- Adam Hinge, Managing Director, Sustainable Energy Partnerships
- Claus Bugge Garn, Vice President, Group Public Affairs Rockwool International
- Constant Van Aerschot, Special Advisor, Business Council for Sustainable Development Singapore
- Curt Garrigan, Coordinator, United Nations Environment Programme – Sustainable Buildings and Climate Initiative (UNEP SBCI)
- Jennifer Layke, Director, Institute for Building Efficiency
- Stefan Thomas, Director of the Research Group Energy, Transport and Climate Policy, Wuppertal Institute
- Yamina Saheb, Scientific & Technical Project Officer, DG Joint Research Centre, European Commission