Since July GBPN has been working with a coalition of organizations including the UNEP and French Government to organize Buildings Day at the COP21. This action day will be held later this week, the 3rd December in Bourget.
It has been a great pleasure to participate in the organisation and coordination of Buildings Day and we hope it will contribute to raise global awareness about the potential of buildings sector and will help to keep global warming below 2oC. GBPN is also one of the founding organisations of the Global Alliance for Buildings and Construction (Global ABC) that will be launched during the Buildings Day.
Over the next two weeks, GBPN’s Executive Director Peter Graham will be busy at COP21 and associated events:
- Thursday, 3rd December: Buildings Day
- Tuesday, 8 December: Climate Parliament, Roundtable on Green Growth
- Wednesday, 9 December: Architecture 2030 “Zero Emissions by 2050” Symposium
Thursday and Friday Peter Graham will be back at the COP21 to watch the closing arguments from countries and hopefully witness the ratification of the Paris Accord on Friday 11 December.
Follow GBPN and Buildings Day on Social media :
#BuildingsDay & #LPAA
- [Event] Buildings Day at COP21 - 3 December 2015, Paris
- [News] Climate success in Paris: the buildings sector’s key role
- Join the Global Alliance for Buildings and Construction!
- [Event] GBPN goes to COP19 in Warsaw
- [News] A global spotlight on energy efficiency in buildings
- The Building Sector’s continuous ‘Volkswagen’ Moment
- Time to Clean the Building Efficiency Garage and Get Organized to implement COP21 Commitments
- Building the path to 1.5°C: What the Paris Agreement Means for Buildings & Construction
- Climate Action in the Buildings Sector: How to Incorporate Buildings Actions in Nationally Determined Contributions
- A Policy Strategy for Decarbonizing the Buildings Sector