When we began to think about the development of the GBPN Knowledge Platform, one of our major priorities was to provide our various audiences with relevant and tailored made information on building performance best practice policies. Addressing different stakeholders’ information needs was one of our key objectives.
Not only did we imagine presenting the information in a distinctive way through interactive features and tools, we also had in mind to create a Knowledge Pyramid of information: offering 10 levels of reports that would answer different information needs.
This is why we developed a Report Database that enables users to access knowledge in a format appropriate to their needs. We reviewed all GBPN reports and materials and realised they could inform the basis of a series of “GBPN reports” targeting key stakeholders from the building sector: researchers & experts, policy-makers from our regions, building professionals, members of governmental institutions and multilateral organisations.
So, if you are an expert or a researcher, then think “green” and check out the five levels of reports at the bottom of the Knowledge Pyramid:
- Assessment Reports giving an overview of the implementation of policy packages in our regions
Technical Reports providing deep and comprehensive analyses on current building performance best practice policies as well as their related Annexes and Data Series
- Extended Summaries offering the detailed abstract of a publication
- Case Studies comprising regional analysis, surveys and data assessment report
If you are involved in policy developments in your organisation, or if you are a journalists or a blogger, you might prefer to think “orange/red” to write about or make the required changes happen to move on to the Deep Path of energy savings and reduction in buildings. Then, browse our database and find:
- Multimedia Materials (infographics, motion graphics, videos of experts)
- Briefings (One-Page Summary Reports for Decision Makers)
- Highlights (Five-Line-Summary Reports)
- Extended Summaries, and
- State of the Art Papers (presenting best practice policies that can help dramatically upscale the development of state of the art buildings following the deep path towards energy reductions from buildings in each regions).
As we premiere this brand new feature, I hope our Knowledge Pyramid will make your navigation smoother and easier and, above all, that you’ll find whatever you are looking for.
Anne-Claire Bellec, GBPN Communications Manager