GBPN is seeking a Communications Coordinator to support implementation of the communications strategy in Indonesia and assist the Indonesia country manager with key communications tasks. See below for full details, including how to apply.
Contract: Fixed term, 4-days per week consultancy contract
Focus and Target Regions : The primary focus of this activity will be to support and produce content for the Global Communications program, with a focus on the Indonesia team and its project activities. A secondary function will be to support the communications needs of the Indonesia project teams. Key stakeholders include GPBN Global team members, Indonesia consultants, government, the private sector and academics and experts.
Place of work: Work from own premises with potential travel
Supervisor: Head of Communications and Digital Marketing
Anticipated start of work: Immediate start
Duration: 12 months from start date.
We only have 8 years to half buildings sector GHG emissions and be on a zero-emissions path. GBPN is tackling this challenge by decarbonising the building sector through policy reform. This requires a collective effort.
GBPN is a system-wide network NGO working to reform building sector policy to limit global warming. Formerly a think tank, GBPN now works on innovative projects in key regions of the world where it can have the most impact.
GBPN works using a unique coalition model that connects local policymakers and building professionals with industry-leading experts to reform building policies to achieve zero-emissions goals. We combine global insights with local action changing building policy through education, support and collaboration.
We’re changing the conversation, highlighting the climate, health, economic and environmental benefits of policy reform.
Our primary audiences are government policy and decision makers and experts working within the building sector to assist in limiting climate change (e.g academics, researchers, developers, designers, renewable energy experts etc).
GBPN is seeking an Indonesia Communications Coordinator with a broad skill base to provide ongoing support to:
- Implement the Global Communications strategy in Indonesia, including:
- Deliver copywriting for content in line with the strategy and brief provided (news articles, case studies, social media posts, brochures, flyers, web copy etc)
- Liaise with Indonesia project teams to obtain information and approvals
- Conduct interviews with key stakeholders (both internal and external) to support the production of content
- Ensure delivery of content to an agreed schedule.
- Provide support to the Indonesia country manager.
- Maintain adherence to the GBPN brand and relevant style guides in Indonesia, including:
- Support enforcement of the brand and style guidelines across all content produced by internal teams and external agencies in Indonesia
- Ensure messaging adheres to the country and Global strategy
- Ensure our partners and stakeholders are properly represented in all materials.
- Provide guidance to project teams on implementation of project deliverables with a communications element, e.g.:
- Provide guidance with the preparation of agency briefs
- Provide introductions to suitable agencies within the GBPN supplier panel
- Identify opportunities and provide support to develop appropriate and realistic production guidelines.
- Other tasks as required.
Indonesia Communications Coordinator will work under the direction of the Head of Communications and Digital Marketing and in collaboration with the Global Communications Coordinator and relevant external agencies.
We are looking for a Coordinator with strong communications skills and qualifications, including a degree in Communications, journalism or other relevant discipline. They should ideally have an interest in GBPN’s core business (climate change, disaster risk reduction, international or community development, international relations, urban planning, placemaking or similar fields).
- Highly literate and able to grasp the issues and put them in context
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia and with good writing skills. Able to convert complex technical ideas into engaging, straightforward language
- Able to follow an established strategy and understand how to convert the strategic plan into implementable tactical activities in the region
- Confident in engaging with GBPN stakeholders in Australia and the regions (indonesia, India, Europe, China) to conduct interviews, access information and materials, and manage rounds of amends and sign-offs/approvals. This includes building relationships and extracting information from busy project teams.
- A basic understanding of social media and willingness to understand and follow GBPN’s strategy for engaging specific audiences on each platform
- Strong experience in project management
- Able to work from home, to work independently with minimal supervision and high levels of proactivity
- Confident using digital collaboration tools such as Zoom, Google Suite (or willing to learn)
We are seeking an individual with:
- Experience briefing and managing external production agencies (e.g. copywriting, graphic design)
- Experience working across multiple projects with tight and often competing deadlines
- Basic graphic design skills (document design and using design templates to produce graphics), or willingness to learn
- Experience with NGO/INGOs
- Awareness of climate change mitigation and related issues (renewable energy, urban planning, sustainable buildings etc)
- Knowledge of social media platforms and audience targeting
- Knowledge of CRMs, especially Zoho, a bonus
- Effective production of high quality content in line with the GBPN Global Communications calendar, style guides and strategies
- Effective liaison with the Indonesia project teams and other key stakeholders
- Effective quality control of briefing process and outputs of external agencies
- Effective management and delivery of annual plan and calendar of activities for Indonesia
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide an application/proposal including:
- Cover Letter (no more than 2 pages)
- Availability: Proposed start date and availability
- Capability and experience: A short overview of how you meet the selection criteria and short description of relevant previous consulting assignments similar to the proposed assignment
- Examples: Links to online groups or pages you have moderated and a short description about the group and your role
- Financial proposal (in USD): Detailing your services and work described. Daily fees (USD rate per 8h-day) should be inclusive of all fringe benefits, applicable taxes and other costs
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org cc: email@example.com with the subject line “Indonesia Comms Coordinator”.
Deadline: 31/03/2023 – 12:00 CET
1- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
2 – The position will be filled as soon as a suitable final candidate is selected
CONTRACT TYPE AND SCHEDULE OF PAYMENT
Assignment through a consulting contract over a period of 12 months- with possibility for extension
upon review. The consultant will work from home/their normal place of work.
Schedule of Payment:
Fees in USD shall be paid to the Consultant: (inclusive of expenses or plus reimbursable expenses upon
submission of invoice and supporting documents, as applicable) not to exceed the final costing agreed at
negotiation and in a contractual agreement. Invoices should be submitted according to the schedule agreed
in the contract, along with a timesheet, outputs and overview of activities delivered. All final outputs will be subject to internal GBPN review procedures, and will need to be cleared by the Head of Communications and Marketing.