The GBPN is seeking the services of an experienced and dynamic Consultant who can work closely with the Communications Manager to support the organisation with Communications and Outreach in India.
Communications Consultant - India
Contractor position, part time, 2-3 days per week
About the GBPN
The Global Buildings Performance Network (GBPN) is a globally organised and regionally focused network whose mission is to advance ambitious policy-packages that can significantly reduce energy consumption and associated CO2 emissions from buildings.
The Global Buildings Performance Network (GBPN) is a globally organised and regionally focused non-profit organisation founded in 2010 to provide building energy policy expertise and technical support to assist governments and the buildings sector keep global warming below 1.5 C while achieving sustainable development goals. It does this through an international network of trusted Local Expert Partners (LEPs) in 22 countries that work to adapt and support implementation of policy best practices in local markets in India and S.E. Asia. Our activities include capacity building for policy planning, policy adoption, policy implementation, policy analysis and validation, and sharing of knowledge, data and experience on designing effective building energy codes and climate policies between regions.
The GBPN is seeking the services of an experienced and dynamic Communications Consultant who can work closely with the Communications Manager to support the organisation with Communications and Outreach in India.
Responsibilities & Activities
The jobholder will support country-specific GBPN communication activities, which may include work in any of the areas of internal, corporate, external communication. The tasks include contribution to one or more of the following areas of work:
- Develop country communications and stakeholder engagement strategy to support delivery on the country OKRs, in consultation with the global team and inline with the global strategy.
- Maintain the country stakeholder database, with a focus on increasing stakeholders - journalists, media, PR, communications, real estate and developers.
- Development and implementation of communication in India/Indonesia, stakeholder and change management strategies and measuring their effectiveness;
- Content: Planning, editing and production of content for external communication channels (social media web portal, newsletters, face-to-face and virtual meetings);
- Write compelling content social media tailored to the needs of a wide range of users
- Proactive media work, draft press releases and speaking points: build strong relationships and networks with colleagues, clients and the media and answer enquiries from the media and other organisations
- Social media: Coordination of the social media publications, monitoring and analysis; Create opportunities for joint online social media campaigns with stakeholders and user communities;
- Media: monitoring and analysis
- Manage the production of visual, photo and video assets;
- Support the organisation and management of events such as hackathons, webinar, competitions and online consultations;
- Prepare and supervise the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programmes
- Liaising with communication consultants and other contractors and assisting with procurement;
- Project management of specific communication activities, including communications to support the efforts of country coalitions and the launch and promotion of insights and education opportunities;
- Any other tasks related to his/her area of work as requested.
Required Attributes & Qualifications
This is a new role being created to run and coordinate country-level Communications. The ideal candidate will therefore be someone who thrives on challenges, is self-motivated, creative, entrepreneurial, open-minded.
- BA in communications, Marketing or Sales or other related field
- Five years of relevant work experience with demonstrated skills in communications or marketing
- An interest and experience in the topic of climate change and sustainable development and the capacity to understand policy and technical aspects related to energy performance of buildings and must have experience of communications in these fields
- Exceptional writing, editing and written communication skills and demonstrated proficiency in writing for the web
- Proven experience in managing social media platforms (Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube)
- Previous media relations experience and proven ability to cultivate relationships with regional and national press
- Experience in working with emailing tools (Mailchimp) or CRM desired
- Basic graphic design skills and familiarity with Canva, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and/or Illustrator a plus
- Native English speaker or equivalent level
- Applicant must be able to work under short timelines when required, and with contacts located in other time-zones (Europe/ Asia / Australia)
- Ability to coordinate external contractors and suppliers’ activities
- Be available to start to work in February 2021
- The consultant will work from his/her normal place of work
- A fixed-term fee-for-service contract (6 months) with possibility for extension based on performance
To apply, send us:
- A concise proposal detailing your approach for the services and work described
- a CV and a cover letter detailing qualifications to perform the role, incl. experience and description of similar assignments
- Indicate your availability and
- Your fee for services in $US Dollars including all applicable taxes and charges.
Email proposals by 27 January 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org (include Comms India in email subject line).
Please note that the review and selection process is expected to commence as soon as we receive applications from suitable candidates for the position.