We are looking for a passionate professional experienced in environmental and climate-related communications, and marketing not for profit knowledge and technical assistance products and services to be Head of Communications and Marketing at GBPN.
Head of Communications and Marketing
Individual Contractor Position
Fixed-term - 12months - Consulting Contract
We are looking for a passionate and experienced professional experienced in environmental and climate-related communications, and marketing not for profit knowledge and technical assistance products and services to be Head of Communications and Marketing at GBPN. In this role you will work with an international team to contribute to developing and implementing GBPN’s policy strategies for decarbonising the buildings sector and linking climate policy in the buildings sector to the non-climate benefits of sustainable buildings including health, jobs, resilience and equity outcomes.
About the GBPN
The Global Buildings Performance Network (GBPN) is a globally organised and regionally focused non-profit organisation founded in 2011 to provide building energy policy expertise and technical support to assist governments and the buildings sector keep global warming below 1.5 C while achieving sustainable development goals. It does this through an international network of trusted Local Expert Partners (LEPs) in 22 countries that work to adapt and support implementation of policy best practices in local markets in India and S.E. Asia. Our activities include capacity building for policy planning, policy adoption, policy implementation, policy analysis and validation, and sharing of knowledge, data and experience on designing effective building energy codes and climate policies between regions.
You will be GBPNs key focal point for communications and marketing reporting to the Executive Director. As such you will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing new internal and external communications strategies, plans and tools
- Defining the comms relationship between core team and country teams and oversee the local communications' officers in India and Indonesia
- Providing strategic advice and recommendations to the GBPN Executive team and Board on marketing and communications strategies
- Building GBPN identity, public image and brand, ensuring consistency in all external communications
- Collaborating with the Head of Networks and Engagement to develop a network engagement strategy;
- Building Media Relations
Communications & Marketing Management
- Monitoring and maintaining effective internal and external communications and marketing programs
- Ensuring our brand message is strong and consistent across all channels and activities (events, email campaigns, web pages and promotional material)
- Management and Maintenance of website content, social media accounts and CRM
- Producing quarterly newsletter, support with other engagement activities such as webinars, chats with experts, online workshops etc.
- Supporting products, services or programmatic activities through targeted marketing and communications, press and social media
- Launching new products and services: design positioning and pricing strategies; analyze consumer behavior and determine customer personas and Identify new market opportunities
- Managing budgets and external providers
- BSc or MSc in Marketing, Communications or relevant field
- At least seven (7) years of relevant experience
- Proven track record in developing and implementing successful campaigns and messaging
- Highly developed strategic marketing, communications, and project management skills
Demonstrated experience in developing successful marketing and communication
- Proven track record in building and managing relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills and well developed influencing and negotiating skills
- Demonstrated experience in digital marketing and social media, and a particular eye for innovative high impact communications across multi-media channels
- An interest and experience in the topic of climate change and sustainable development and the capacity to understand policy and technical aspects related to energy performance of buildings and must have experience of communications in these fields
- Experience in working with emailing tools (Mailchimp) or CRM (Hubspot) desired
- Ability to be self-motivated, responsive and flexible in an environment with time pressures and multiple priorities.
- Experience in India and/or South East Asian cultural contexts is an advantage
This position is available for immediate commencement and is offered as a fixed-term fee for service consulting contract for approximately 3 days per week over a 12 month period with possibility for extension based on performance. GBPN requires the consultant to work from their normal place of work. Communication with GBPN team members around the world is largely online, and may require working outside normal working hours.
How to apply
Email proposals by Friday 26th February 2021 to: email@example.com (include HCM in email subject line).
- Your CV and a cover letter detailing qualifications to perform the role, including relevant experience, and description and/or links to similar assignments. The letter should also indicate your preferred start date.
- A proposal detailing your approach for the services and work described, including number of days per week, your daily rate and total fee for services in $US Dollars including all applicable taxes and charges.