We are looking for a passionate and experienced communications professional in the not for profit, environmental and climate-related sector as Head of Communications at GBPN.
Head of Communications (Remote)
Individual Contractor Position
Fixed-term Part Time - 12months - Consulting Contract
We are looking for a passionate and experienced communications professional in the not for profit, environmental and climate-related sector as Head of Communications at GBPN. Help our multi-disciplinary team accelerate effective climate policy in the buildings sector by featuring the multiple benefits of sustainable buildings including health, jobs, resilience and equity outcomes. From strategy to execution and social media, you excel at all facets of communication.
About the GBPN
The Global Buildings Performance Network (GBPN) is a globally organised and regionally focused non-profit organisation founded in 2011 to provide building energy policy expertise and technical support to assist governments and the buildings sector keep global warming below 1.5 C while achieving sustainable development goals. It does this through an international network of trusted Local Expert Partners (LEPs) in 22 countries and the coalitions we build that work to adapt and support implementation of policy best practices in local markets in India and S.E. Asia.
Our activities include capacity building and education for policy planning, policy adoption, policy implementation, policy analysis and validation, and sharing of knowledge, data and experience on designing effective building energy codes and climate policies between regions.
Corporate team is global, operating from The Netherlands and Melbourne, Australia and with teams across SE Asia and India across multiple time zones.
You will be GBPN's key focal point for communications reporting to the Executive Director. As such you will be responsible for:
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring new internal and external branding and communications strategies, plans and tools
- Providing strategic advice and recommendations to the GBPN Executive team and Board on communications strategies
- Building GBPN identity, public image and brand, ensuring consistency in all external communications, all media
- Collaborating with the Heads of GBPN workstreams (Policy Reform, Knowledge Innovation, and Networks and Engagement - including the Head of Networks and Engagement to develop a network engagement strategy.Defining the comms relationship between core team and country teams
- Sourcing and Managing specialist consultants as required for building media relations and developing market research and marketing strategies
- Contribute to the Global Management Group
- Effective internal and external communications programs
- Strong and consistent brand message across all channels and activities (events, email campaigns, web pages and promotional material), social media
- Management and maintenance of website content, social media accounts, CRM
- Newsletter strategy and execution
- Webinars, chats with experts, online workshops etc.
- Managing budgets and external providers
- Launching new products and services
- With external vendor(s), design positioning and pricing strategies, analyze consumer behavior determine customer personas, identify new market opportunities
- Communications experience in the topic of climate change and sustainable development
- The capacity to understand policy and technical aspects related to energy performance of buildings
- BSc or MSc in Communications, Journalism, Not for Profit management, or relevant field
At least seven (7) years of relevant experience
- Proven track record in developing and implementing successful campaigns and messaging
- Highly developed strategic communications, and project management skills
- Demonstrated experience in developing successful communication
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills and well developed influencing and negotiating skills
- Demonstrated experience in digital marketing and social media, and a particular eye for innovative high impact communications across multi-media channels
- Experience in working with emailing tools (Mailchimp) or CRM (Hubspot) desired
- Proven track record in building and managing relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to be self-motivated, responsive and flexible in an environment with time pressures and multiple priorities.
- Experience in India and/or South East Asian cultural contexts is an advantage
This position is available for immediate commencement and is offered as a fixed-term fee for service consulting contract for approximately 3 days per week over a 12 month period with possibility for extension based on performance. GBPN requires the consultant to work from their normal place of work. Communication with GBPN team members around the world is largely online, and may require working outside normal working hours.
How to apply
Email proposals by to: email@example.com (include HCM in email subject line).
- Your CV and a cover letter detailing qualifications to perform the role, including relevant experience, and description and/or links to similar assignments. The letter should also indicate your preferred start date.
- A proposal detailing your approach for the services and work described, including number of days per week, your daily rate and total fee for services in $US Dollars including all applicable taxes and charges.