BPIE, the GBPN's Europe Hub, will be holding a policy conference next week in Brussels, in collaboration with the European Builders Confederation (EBC), during the European Union Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW).
26 June 2013, 2.30 PM
Committee of the Regions - Brussels
Objective of the conference?
In the building sector, multiple initiatives and flanking measures have been launched to realise the EU vision: legislation, strategies, plans, support programmes, standards … But is this enough to bring the vision of a sustainable European built environment to life? The event will be debate-oriented and interactive, with high level representatives from the EU Institutions, Member States, industry, civil society and academia to challenge the solidity and strength of the existing vision and initiatives and examine the need for integration, long-term thinking, accelerated practice and better collaboration at all levels.
- Tudor Constantinescu, Principal Advisor, DG Energy, European Commission
- Marie Donnelly, Director for Renewables, Research and Innovation, Energy Efficiency, DG Energy, European Commission
- Herbert von Bose, Director Industrial Technologies from DG Research and Innovation, European Commission
- Mathieu Fichter, Team Leader ‘Sustainable Growth’, DG Regio, European Commission
- Lukas Kranzl, Vienna University of Technology, IEE ENTRANZE project consortium leader
- Paula Butler, Head of Delivery, Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI)
- Peter Graham, Executive Director, the Global Buildings Performance Network (GBPN)
- Riccardo Viaggi, Secretary General, the European Builders Confederation (EBC)
- Oliver Rapf, Executive Director, the Buildings Performance Institute Europe (BPIE)
- Ruth Mourik, Senior Researcher and Professor at Eindhoven Technical University, theme leader at the Energy Research Centre of the Netherlands (ECN)
More info: BPIE's website