The GBPN will host a series of four webinars on “how to” implement a successful policy package that targets energy renovations for residential buildings based on the findings from the recently launched Policy Tool for Renovation.
The first webinar will be held on April 29, 3pm CEST, in partnership with the Clean Energy Solutions Center and will focus on the overall performance of current best practice renovation policies for residential buildings.
Webinar #1: Front-Runners in Energy Renovation Policies
What Can We Learn From Them?
Which countries or states have been successful in reducing all the energy consumption indicators of their residential building stock in the past ten years? What can other jurisdictions learn from their experience? What are the key factors that were significant in driving change? Front-runners from Europe and the United States emerge from the GBPN analysis and will be invited to provide insights into “how to” introduce and develop a best practice policy package that contributes to realising a reduction in energy consumption of the residential building stock.
Experts involved in policy development are welcome to share their experiences to highlight what factors are significant in driving change and what the market conditions and technical developments are behind best practice renovation policy packages.
Energy renovation policy has only recently come onto the political agenda and is an emerging field. The Policy Tool for Renovation compares and analyses twelve current best practice renovation policies for residential buildings from Europe and the United States, using fourteen criteria that define a “state of the art” policy package. The Tool shows where positive steps have been taken, where other jurisdictions can learn from these actions and where there is scope for further progress to help countries and region to reduce the consumption of their building stock.
Next webinars will explore the role of specific best practice elements of a policy package in driving energy renovations:
- Webinar #2: Energy saving targets and regulatory measures
- Webinar #3: Labelling and certification schemes
- Webinar #4: Financial and economic instruments.
Detailed agenda to be available shortly.
- [Tool] New Interactive Tool for Building Better Energy Renovation Policies
- [Event] Webinar "Front-Runners in Energy Renovation Policies: What can we Learn from Them?"
- [Report] Webinar #1: Front Runners in Energy Renovation Policies
- [Event] Webinar: The Role of Energy Saving Targets and Regulatory Measures in Renovation Policy Packages – Key Lessons from Global Best Practices
- [Report] Webinar #2: The Role of Energy Saving Targets and Regulatory Measures in Renovation Policy Packages – Key Lessons from Global Best Practices
- [Report] A Comparative Analysis of Best Practice Renovation Policies from Europe and the United States