REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Reporting to: Head of Finance and Administration
The Global Buildings Performance Network (GBPN) is a global and regionally focused not-for-profit organization whose mission is to decarbonise the building sector. We only have 8 years to half buildings sector GHG emissions and be on a zero-emissions path. GBPN is tackling this challenge through policy reform, working with local experts and partners.
With staff members located around the World in Indonesia, India, Singapore, Australia, and Europe, GBPN brings over 10 years of knowledge and innovation to sustainable building policy reform. With every project, governments leverage our intellectual capital, our experience, analysis, evidence and our network.
GBPN’s goal is to help the building sector achieve its full energy savings and CO2 mitigation potential of more than 2.1 Gt by 2030. To do that, GBPN assists governments and industry to implement climate change actions in their building sectors that help achieve their commitment to the Paris Climate Agreement and Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
Due to the continued growth of the organization, we are looking for an Administration Manager to support the Head of Finance and Administration, in both an operational and strategic capacity with a variety of responsibilities within the team, including coordination of contract and grant agreements, ensure compliance to procurement policies, legal and audit-trail requirements and enhance and strengthen the legal, contractual and grants services of the Finance and Administration team at GBPN. This is a newly created position in the Finance and Administration team. Therefore, the position will evolve in line with the development of the team and growth of the organization. The role is an excellent opportunity for whoever wants to be part of an environment and climate-focused Association working at a Global level and a vibrant international network.
Contract: Fixed term, (with opportunity to renew).0.8 FTE to 1 FTE, working over 5 days per week.
Target Regions: The primary focus of this activity will be to coordinate key administrative and organisational projects, primarily impacting teams based in the Asia Pacific Region with a focus on Indonesia, and India, Singapore and Australia, as well as Europe.
Place of work: Work from own premises/home with travel as required. Location within 〜2h travel-radius from Maastricht (NL) and Paris (FR).
Supervisor: Head of Finance and Administration based in Maastricht (NL)
Anticipated start of work: Immediate start
Duration: 12 months from start date / until 31 Dec 24 – Renewed yearly subject to available funding and satisfactory performance.
We are looking for a consultant with a proven track record in administration, project management, coordinator roles and/or similar roles which meet the essential requirements for this role.
Technical Skills, Qualifications and experience required.
- Master’s degree in business management or a related degree, or Bachelor’s degree with additional relevant postgraduate qualifications.
- 10-15 years of experience.
- Experience in project management, contracts and/or grants administration.
- Experience in data analysis and performance metrics is advantageous.
- Track record in project delivery.
- Fluent in English (oral and written) and a proficient command of the French language.
- High level of IT literacy in particular with the following programs: Zoho modules, Click up, Zoom for calls, Dropbox, Google drive/Emails
- Ability to collate information into digestible and easy to read summaries and reports.
- Strong project management skills, with a high attention to detail.
- Able to work from home, to work independently with minimal supervision.
- A Can-do attitude and high levels of proactivity.
Behavioural Skills and competencies required.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and organizational skills, which enable clear, concise but complete information sharing.
- Ability to present information in a structured manner anticipating what will be required.
- Strong relationship builder, ability to collaborate across an organization with a geographically dispersed population.
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior leaders – building, nurturing, and creating strong, productive, and resilient relationships at all levels and across functions.
- Ability to plan and prioritise, keeping both medium and long-term goals at front of mind.
- Commitment to excellence, ensuring objectives are met and delivered on-time.
- Experience navigating complex and challenging situations – able to analyze and solve operational and strategic issues using a diplomatic, pragmatic, logical and common-sense approach.
- Results-oriented, self-motivated and resilient – used to overcoming setbacks, working to deadlines, and adapting to changing conditions.
- Demonstrated success in coordinating tasks with multi-location-based teams.
- Ability to manage confidential information with a high level of discretion.
- Flexible mindset, with the ability to quickly develop new skills when required.
- The ability to get along with others and display a positive attitude.
- Experience in the non-profit sector would be ideal.
- Access to Highest Speed internet available in the country of work.
- Confident using digital collaboration tools such as Zoom, Google Suite
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the success of the Finance and Administration goals, by working closely with the Head of Finance and Administration on an ongoing basis on both operational and strategic goals.
- Deputise for the Head of Finance and Administration when required, to include decision making on her behalf or performing required tasks in her absence.
- Deliver all aspects of Departmental management, including but not limited to filing paperwork, meeting with internal and external stakeholders or vendors (accountants, lawyers, business partners, consulting firms, banks etc), presenting important information, developing processes, and answering team´s questions, and resolving issues, coordinating materials of Board Pack.
- Ensures optimal team effectiveness and monitors performance of all activities using key metrics.
- Plan, organize, and manage cross-functional resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives, for example, new processes, organizational development initiatives and so on.
- Liaise with cross-functional teams on the implementation of the organisation’s strategic and operational plans.
Contracts & Grants Administration
- Responsible for drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and finalizing contracts between parties.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the organization’s contracts and grants – contracting terms, amendments, negotiation of terms, renewals.
- Responsible for managing the ongoing relationships with clients and vendors, as well as ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure compliance with funder requirements and applicable laws and manage GBPN’s interests and mitigate risks.
- Lead improvements and best practices in procurement and contracting processes and legal templates and relevant contract terms (IP, confidentiality, etc).
- Assists the Head of Finance and Administration with the relationships and activities of Legal firms , professional services firms and operational advisory firms.
- Supports and guides the Head of Finance and Administration in their legal and governance responsibilities at Headquarters and the in-country entities.
- Acts as the Lead point of contact between the Administration Function and the Key Administration and Operations Contacts in Country.
- Participates in management bodies: Management team meetings, Project meetings, Board meetings as required, Quarterly Financial and Operational reviews, and other formal/informal or temporary or established working committees.
Management of HR & Training
- As the organization scales, responsibility for HR operations and Talent management for the teams in place and with the country entities
- Prepares and delivers Training to staff members in relation to Teams internal learning and experience, HR and Administrative systems and processes.
- Assists the Head of Finance and Administration and external HR Advisors with Consultant and Employee Contracts, in particular oversight and maintenance of Employee Files, records and data on the relevant HRIS. Governance of Consultant and Employee Data, from a compliance perspective.
How to Apply
Please provide a proposal including the following:
1.Send your Resume by email, providing the following information as part of your email:
- Your availability: Proposed start date and proposed schedule of working days
- Daily fees (Euro rate per 8h-day) should be inclusive of all fringe benefits, applicable taxes and other costs
- A short overview (5-10 bullet points) of how you meet the selection criteria and a brief description of relevant previous assignments/position similar to the proposed assignment
Applications: should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 8th January 2024
1 – Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
2 – The position will be filled as soon as a suitable final candidate is selected
Contract Type And Schedule Of Payment
For Individual Consultants and organizations
- Assignment through a consulting contract over a period of 12 months – with possibility for extension based on performance;
- The consultant will work from their normal place of work – focusing on the relevant region to cover.
Schedule of Payment:
The consultant will be remunerated according to a schedule of payment agreed upon signing the contractual agreement. Invoices should be submitted according to the schedule agreed in the contract, along with a timesheet, outputs and an overview of activities delivered. All final outputs will be subject to internal GBPN review procedures and will need to be cleared by the Head of Finance and Admin.