REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
GBPN Program Operations Coordinator
Reporting to: Head of Operations
The Global Buildings Performance Network (GBPN) is a global and regionally focused not-for-profit organization whose mission is to decarbonise the building sector. We only have 8 years to half buildings sector GHG emissions and be on a zero-emissions path. GBPN is tackling this challenge through policy reform, working with local experts and partners.
With staff members located around the World in Indonesia, India, Singapore, Australia, and Europe, GBPN brings over 10 years of knowledge and innovation to sustainable building policy reform. With every project, governments leverage our intellectual capital, our experience, analysis, evidence and our network.
GBPN’s goal is to help the building sector achieve its full energy savings and CO2 mitigation potential of more than 2.1 Gt by 2030. To do that, GBPN assists governments and industry to implement climate change actions in their building sectors that help achieve their commitment to the Paris Climate Agreement and Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
We are now recruiting an Operations Coordinator to join our operations team and support program quality and implementation across the organization. This role is for anyone who wants to work in a dynamic and fast-growing organization with a strong mission to tackle the climate crisis we all face. Join our team today and be part of the change.
We are seeking a Program Operations Coordinator who can work as part of the Operations team and closely with the Head of Operations at GBPN to:
- Manage the maintenance of ClickUp, GBPN’s project management system, to ensure it is well maintained and utilized effectively across GBPN.
- Support the development, documentation and implementation of standard operating procedures across GBPN that supports growth and optimizes efficiency and quality.
- Support the implementation of our OKR framework across the organization, specifically at country level.
- Support the implementation of our monitoring and evaluation framework across projects.
- Collect and collate quality information for donor reporting and support the Head of Operations to ensure all reporting is completed on time and to donor satisfaction.
- Source and coordinate feedback across GBPN from project managers and team members to identify organizational needs and areas for growth and improvement.
- Support other whole of organization workshops & events such as the Town Hall, strategy development, grant writing etc.
Place of work: Remote – (at home)
Anticipated start of work: March 2024
Duration: 1 year duration – 4 days per week (with opportunity to renew subject to available funding)
We are looking for a consultant with a proven track record in program/project design and management, coordinator roles and/or similar roles which meet the essential requirements for this role.
- Undergraduate degree in operations management, business administration, community development or a related degree area of study.
- 5+ years’ experience working on programs/projects, preferably in the climate/environment field.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in project design and management or a related field.
- 3 – 5 years’ report writing experience – ability to compile data into sharp, concise reports in fluent English.
- Knowledge and experience of working with project management systems and /or a strong desire and interest in learning a new system.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with an ability to problem solve efficiently.
- High attention to details and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Able to work from home, to work independently with minimal supervision and high levels of productivity.
- Access to Highest Speed internet available in the country of work.
- Confident using digital collaboration tools such as Zoom, Google Suite (or willing to learn).
- Positive mindset and approach with a ‘can do’ type attitude
- Experience with Monitoring & Evaluation and Reporting
- Knowledge of OKR framework
- Awareness of climate change mitigation and related issues (renewable energy, urban planning, sustainable buildings, etc.
SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of the operations coordinator is as follows:
Program Quality and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s):
- Support the development of program operational processes to support GBPN’s growth and ensure consistency of quality and standards.
- Document operational processes into simple SOPs, which can be easily accessed by team members on the GBPN intranet.
- Coordinate with Country Managers and Project Managers to ensure compliance with all program SOPs at country level, ensuring optimum productivity and program quality.
- Support the implementation of GBPNs OKR framework, specifically at country level, ensuring support needs are met and quarterly reporting completed.
- Support the coordination and delivery of program quarterly reviews – ensuring all program data is up to date and collected.
- Support the implementation of GBPNs monitoring and evaluation framework across projects, ensuring data is updated by project managers quarterly.
- Source and coordinate feedback from project managers and team members across GBPN to identify organizational needs and areas for growth and improvement.
Project Management System: ClickUp
- Manage the maintenance of ClickUp to ensure it is organized and up to date with regular cleanups across the system of project folders, template updates, management of customization features.
- Ensure projects are set up following GBPN project design and management SOP.
- Run a bi-weekly meeting with the country ClickUp Admins to coordinate and support platform maintenance management.
- Gather feedback from country managers & projects managers on support and training needs and provide this to the Networks and Operations manager.
- Work closely with the Networks and Operations manager to coordinate regular ClickUp training sessions to upskill project teams and increase utilization.
- Support the Networks and Operations manager with training outcomes implementation and communication.
- Coordinate the collation of project updates from project managers for quarterly donor and board reporting.
- Collate project and organizational metrics data from GBPNs M&E framework to support internal and external reporting.
- Upload donor reporting to specific donor reporting platforms once signed off by the Head of Operations.
- Oversee all reporting processes, such as quarterly reporting, final reports and others as required, including template preparation, follow up for inputs, collation of draft reports and updates to Quantive Platform.
Internal workshops & events
- Work closely with the Head of Operations and Networks and Operations manager to plan and coordinate GBPN’s monthly internal events.
- Support the planning and coordination of cross-departmental workshops such as strategy development, project evaluations, grant writing etc.
- Other tasks may be required from time to time and on an ad hoc basis.
How to Apply
Please provide a proposal including the following:
1. Cover Letter (no more than two pages)
- Availability: Proposed start date and availability
- Capability and experience: A short overview of how you meet the selection criteria and a brief description of relevant previous consulting assignments similar to the proposed assignment
3. Financial proposal (in USD): Detailing your services and work described. Daily fees (USD rate per 8h-day) should be inclusive of all fringe benefits, applicable taxes and other costs
Applications: should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 23rd February 2024
1 – Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
2 – The position will be filled as soon as a suitable final candidate is selected
CONTRACT TYPE AND SCHEDULE OF PAYMENT
For Individual Consultants and organizations
- Assignment through a consulting contract over a period of 12 months – with possibility for extension based on performance;
- The consultant will work from their normal place of work – focusing on the relevant region to cover.
Schedule of Payment:
The consultant will be remunerated according to a schedule of payment agreed upon signing the contractual agreement. Invoices should be submitted according to the schedule agreed in the contract, along with a timesheet, outputs and an overview of activities delivered. All final outputs will be subject to internal GBPN review procedures and will need to be cleared by the Head of Operations.