The United Nation’s Environment Programme’s Sustainable Building and Climate Initiative (UNEP-SBCI) in partnership with GBPN will hold its 2013 Fall Symposium, ‘Global Action towards Resource Efficiency and Climate Mitigation in the Building Sector’ in Paris France on 25-26 November. The two-day workshop will focus on actions that must be taken to achieve the full resource efficiency and climate mitigation potential of the building sector. Participants will learn about:
- UNEP’s efforts to promote life-cycle approaches to buildings and materials
- Decoupling economic growth from resource consumption, a critical issue for the building sector
- The necessity to green the Construction Sector Supply Chain
- Access to Data and Finance to deliver energy efficiency in buildings
- Policies, strategies and tools for resource and energy efficiency, such as Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMAs)
The 2013 Fall Symposium will be an informative and forward-looking dialogue contributing to establishment of a relevant global vision for the sector. This two-day symposium will focus on actions that must be taken to achieve the full resource efficiency and climate mitigation potential of the building sector.
Featuring policy-makers from local, national, and international organizations, and presentations from technical experts from across the world, the symposium will be a platform to discuss tools and policies, including the 10 Year Framework of Programmes on Sustainable Consumption and Production and support mechanisms such as Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMAs). Please check the agenda to find more detailed information.