GABC Webinar Series
The GlobalABC (GABC) has a new webinar series on NDCs “How to Incorporate Fundable Buildings Sector Actions in NDCs”.
The first webinar will take place on 2 July 2019, at 1:00 – 2:30pm (CEST).
Register for the first webinar here: https://bit.ly/2WPVB94
We look forward to connecting with you on the webinar!
The current scope and ambition of buildings sector commitments are, insufficient to meet the Paris Agreement goals. Despite 136 countries having acknowledged the need for building sector actions in their NDCs, more work is needed to increase the coverage and ambition of these actions.
This webinar series will present practical steps that countries can take to identify opportunities for incorporating ambitious building sector climate actions into NDCs. Based on GABC’s recently published Guide and case studies by leading countries, the webinar will describe and provide examples of the necessary levels of ambition, stakeholder engagement, governance and monitoring, verification and reporting required for fundable building sector actions, that can contribute to the Paris Climate Goals.
- 13:00 Welcome & Introduction: UN Environment/GlobalABC
- 13:05 UNFCCC – NDC Amendment Process, Timeline & Obligations of State Actors
- 13:10 NDC Partnership – Revision of NDCs with the enhanced ambition
- 13:15 The Guide to Incorporating Buildings Actions in NDCs
- 13:30 Case studies (i) China; (ii) Mongolia; (iii) Tunisia (TBC)
- 14:00 Q&A
- 14:25 Closing Remarks
PDF icon New GlobalABC Webinar Series on NDCs!(9).pdf