[Event] Webinar “Getting Building Codes Right” – 10 February 2014 – 5.00 p.m CET
SOUTH-EAST ASIASOUTH-EAST ASIA
Last November, GBPN launched a series of webinars on the “How To” of Building Energy Code Development. The next and the last webinar “Getting Building Codes Right: Implementation and Enforcement” will explore the barriers that are faced by countries particularly when it comes to implementing rigorous enforcement systems for new buildings, will present examples of good enforcement as well as other best practice measures for supporting implementation
Getting Building Codes Right: Implementation and Enforcement
10th February 2014 – 5.00 PM / 17h00 CET
As good as an energy code may be on paper, proper implementation is essential if the code is to be fully effective in saving energy. In order for a code to be successful, a strong enforcement system supported by other policy instruments such as finance, information, training, demonstration projects or public procurement are necessary. Energy performance certification is an important initiative that can support proper implementation.
The GBPN Policy Comparative Tool has identified that under the theme of implementation there are significant issues across all countries with the enforcement of building codes.
As implementation of building codes is clearly a challenging issue, this webinar will explore the barriers that are currently faced by countries, particularly when it comes to implementing rigorous enforcement systems for new buildings.
The webinar will also present examples of good enforcement as well as other best practice measures for supporting implementation. Speakers will present how these jurisdictions have gone about implementing these systems and what the key lessons they have learnt from implementing such measures are.
- Ryan Meres – Code Compliance Specialist, Institute for Market Transformation/ Global Buildings Performance Network
- Hans-Olof Karlsson-Hjorth – Boverket, Swedish National Board of Housing, Building and Planning
- John H. Lee, Deputy Director for Green Buildings & Energy Efficiency, NYC Mayor’s Office of Long-Term Planning and Sustainability
- Jens Laustsen – Technical Director, Global Buildings Performance Network
Video recording of the webinar:
Listen to our previous webinars on “How To” of Building Energy Code Development:
Getting Building Codes Right: Lessons learnt on the road to a Performance Based Approach
– 11th December 2014
The importance of long-term energy targets and frequent revision cycles – 13 November 2013
- [Report] Video Recordings of our Series of Webinars “Getting Building Codes Right”
- [Report] Best Practice Building Codes: Insights from Policy Makers