GBPN is hiring a Collaboration Manager
We are searching for an experienced Collaboration Manager to work closely with our CEO.
Individual Contractor Position (Remote Working)
Fixed-term Part Time – 12months – Consulting Contract
The Global Buildings Performance Network is a rapidly growing international not-for-profit organisation with a mission to reduce the impacts of climate change through policy reform in the buildings sector. Having been operating as a global think-tank in buildings and climate policy for nearly ten years, we are now transitioning to a social enterprise working in the field to reform policy, principally in India and Indonesia. We therefore need to innovate many of our program and operations management, and collaboration approaches to suit a decentralised network aiming to achieve policy reforms that lead to measurable abatement of emissions, increased health and employment in a sustainable buildings sector.
To continue on this trajectory, we’re searching for an experienced Collaboration Manager to work closely with our CEO. From day one, our Collaboration Manager will have an immediate impact on our productivity by streamlining strategic initiatives, operations management, and communicating objectives between the GBPN Global Management Group (GMG) and the CEO. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a business or NGO operations management role, with a special focus on managing collaboration within complex networked organisations. On a daily basis our Collaboration Manager will support the CEO by optimising team productivity and operational efficiency, monitoring and evaluating organisational KPIs, and managing special organisational development projects.
Scope of Work
- Streamline CEO priorities: Review, monitor and report on organisational KPIs and advise the CEO on streamlining management strategies, methods, risks and opportunities. Assist in preparation of quarterly program reporting to donors and the GBPN Board.
- Optimise productivity and program quality: Develop, adapt and implement collaboration management processes and tools including common frameworks for program management, review procedures and sign-off protocols for workstream outputs, collaboration agreements, grant proposals, public statements etc. Establish monitoring, evaluation and organisational learning procedures and tools.
- Manage collaboration: Assist the CEO to maintain a positive working climate, employee well-being, project and administrative efficiency. As required, follow up action items at GMG and team meetings.
- Spearhead special projects: Manage consultants to adapt GBPN ‘vital-signs’ and ESG metrics and manage recruitments.
Skills and Qualifications
- MBA or Postgraduate qualifications in a relevant field such as international development program management.
- 5+ years in a business or NGO management role
- Proven experience organizing and directing multiple international teams and workstreams
- Proven success in project and/or stakeholder coordination roles
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives
- A strategic mindset
- Experience with data analysis
- Experience with budget management
- Consulting or NGO experience with a focus on operations management
- Nimble and results oriented with a focus on developing creative solutions
- Strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental and internal communication
This position is available for immediate commencement and is offered as a fixed-term fee for service consulting contract for approximately 3 days per week over a 12 month period with possibility for extension based on performance. GBPN requires the consultant to work from their normal place of work. Communication with GBPN team members around the world is largely online, and may require working outside normal working hours.
How to apply
Email proposals by 18th May 2021
to: firstname.lastname@example.org (include Collaboration Manager in the email subject line).
- Your CV and a cover letter detailing qualifications to perform the role, including relevant experience, and description and/or links to similar assignments. The letter should also indicate your preferred start date.
- A proposal detailing your approach for the services and work described, including number of days per week, your daily rate and total fee for services in $US Dollars including all applicable taxes and charges.