[Tool] Why launch a Knowledge Platform?
The GBPN Knowledge Platform aims to promote better decision-making to help the building sector effectively reduce its impact on climate change.
This Knowledge Platform is a unique global collaborative tool for sharing and curating global best knowledge and data on building performance best practice policies. It aims to enable key stakeholders from the building sector – researchers & experts, policy-makers from our regions, building professionals, members of governmental institutions and multilateral organisations – to gather around a common participatory tool and a common purpose: stimulating collective research and analysis on best policies that can deliver the global abatement potential of the building sector.
This platform is composed of four exclusive online tools:
- The Report Database, a unique knowledge pyramid presenting all of our publications in 10 different formats. Users can browse our database and check out which steps of the GBPN knowledge pyramid best suits their information needs.
- A Policy Comparative Tool, the first interactive tool enabling comparison of the world’s best practice policies for new buildings (residential and commercial), by reviewing 25 state of the art building energy efficiency codes and using 15 criteria developed with some of the world’s leading experts in the field.
- An interactive Glossary gathering key terms in the field of buildings energy performance to fill the lack of a common terminology by displaying new and detailed definitions.
- The Laboratory, a platform dedicated to sharing and developing knowledge and ideas on how best to develop innovative building energy performance policies globally.
The website also connects to our Regional Hubs data portals:
- Buildingsdata.eu, a comprehensive open data portal for energy efficiency in European buildings
- Buildingrating.org, the leading online tool for sharing global intelligence and best practices on building rating and disclosure policies worldwide.
Based on a Linked Open Data technology, this platform provides full transparency on our data and research, as well as quality indexing.
To read more about this website, click here.
Related Report Bundles