Data is All Around Us
The 3rd International Open Data Day will take place on Saturday 23rd February 2013. Why not have a look at what is going on in this matter? At BPIE, the Buildings Performance Institute Europe, the GBPN Europe Hub, we are really interested to see what is happening, especially since we launched our data hub late 2012.
Data access and quality are two hot topics:
- Following the publication of the GBPN Report “Robust Building Data: A Driver For Policy Developemnt” (see Sophie Shnapp’s blog post).
- Ingeborg Nolte, BPIE’s Senior Communication Manager, wrote an article this week presenting the “Online Data Portals for Buildings Performance“.
BPIE has had interests in the matter for some time now, and after having collected facts and figures in the Europe’s Buildings under the Microscope Study released end of 2011), the creation of Buildingsdata.eu, an open data portal appeared as the next logical step. The comprehensive data hub presents those collected facts and figures, and includes a variety of technical data never before collected EU-wide.
This data hub provides data and statistics on building stock performance (energy consumption, envelope performance, energy sources); building stock inventories reflecting floor area, construction year, ownership profile; national policies and regulation and financial schemes (333 in total). In addition, the user can access country fact sheets and definitions.
The data will be improved on an on-going basis and over time, the hub will become enriched with additional topics and information generated through data exchange projects and research partnerships.
BPIE now invites other organisations to add their data to the portal and grow www.buildingsdata.eu into the comprehensive knowledge hub on the energy performance of Europe’s building stock.
Marine Faber, Junior Communication Manager at BPIE
- [Tool] Linked Open Data to Stimulate Better Building Policies
- [Tool] Buildingsdata.eu celebrates International Open Data Day
- [Report] The Critical Need for Transparent and Reliable Building Performance Data
Related Report Bundles