[Project] The GBPN and REEEP Launch the “1 Billion Square Meters” Initiative: An effort to Promote Residential Positive Energy Buildings
The Chinese version of the Knowledge Platform will play a key role in delivering the GBPN Chinese programme. It provides a common platform to disseminate Chinese best practices policies for low energy, low carbon and energy efficient buildings globally, and to facilitate Chinese and international knowledge exchange and capacity building.
The GBPN Knowledge Platform aims to promote better decision-making to help the building sector effectively reduce its impact on climate change. It is a unique global collaborative tool for sharing and curating global best knowledge and data on building performance best practice policies. It aims to enable key stakeholders from the building sector – researchers & experts, policy-makers from our regions, building professionals, members of governmental institutions and multilateral organisations – to gather around a common participatory tool and a common purpose: stimulating collective research and analysis on best policies that can deliver the global abatement potential of the building sector.
GBPN tools and contents available in Chinese:
- The Report Database, a unique knowledge pyramid presenting all of our publications in 10 different formats. Users can browse our database and check out which steps of the GBPN knowledge pyramid best suits their information needs
- A Policy Comparative Tool, the first interactive tool enabling comparison of the world’s best practice policies for new buildings (residential and commercial), by reviewing 25 state of the art building energy efficiency codes and using 15 criteria developed with some of the world’s leading experts in the field
- The Newsroom providing latest news about the network and its activities
- About us, providing details about our vision, our mission and our network
- The section “Activities” presenting our research activities in the GBPN regions
The interactive Glossary gathering key terms in the field of buildings energy performance will be available in Chinese shortly.